The Healthcare Management Institute is based at KEM Hospital, Pune, which is a modern state of the art 600 bedded tertiary care multi-specialty teaching hospital, serving not only the city population, but also a large surrounding urban and rural area.
The Healthcare Management Institute (HMI) is affiliated to the University of Pune and conducts a Postgraduate Diploma course in Hospital Management attended by students from all over India. This course commenced in 2007and till date, has a proud record of 100% placement of all its students all over the country. Over 50% of the students obtain placements even before the final examination results are declared. Our students are working in hospitals, academic institutions, diagnostic laboratories, health insurance companies and TPAs and BPOs dealing with healthcare and health insurance claims processing. This speaks volumes for the quality and depth of education provided at the Institute.
HMI was ranked fourth amongst Healthcare Management Institutes in India by the national magazine “The Week” in June 2010 (see media reports) and is a leading healthcare management institute in Pune today.
The biggest advantage our students have is that the college is located within the hospital, thus the students have immediate access to all the departments at all times. Our students have a first hand exposure to the services and facilities in a large multispecialty hospital setting and gain practical experience almost on a daily basis.
Our faculty are carefully chosen based on their qualifications and experience in the healthcare sector.
Some of our leading faculty are:
1. Dr. S.R. Pashupati Math MBBS, PGDHM — Hospital Superintendent, Saishree Hospital, Aundh, Pune
2. Prof. Subhash Shahane M Com — Financial Accounts and Management faculty
3. Mr. Rajan Srivastava B Com. M Com. MBA — Bank Manager
4. Advocate Swapna Kulkarni LLM, MPM, BA — Practising Advocate, Pune
5. Mrs. Shivani Jain PGDHHM (Jaipur), B.Sc — Hospital Administrator (Quality and Operations Management)
6. Dr. Sreevidya Subramoney MD — Public Health and Healthcare Administration specialist
The Director, Dr. V. Ranjan, has been approved as the Director and Professor for the PGDHM course by Pune University and is also an External Examiner and a member of the PGDHM subcommittee for Pune University.
HMI is managed by an Advisory Committee. The members of the Advisory Committee are: